- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Map company returns to Rockford, brings 16 jobs
Rockford Map Publishers, a plat map and parcel data company, has relocated its offices into the Waterside Center at 124 N. Water St. in downtown Rockford. The move marks not only a major upgrade in office facilities and capabilities for the company, but also a migration to reconnect with the city and the downtown River District.
After 10 years of operating in Belvidere, Rockford Map will return to the city where it was established and resided for more than 50 years. The company has seen unprecedented growth in the past year and hopes the move will help spur economic redevelopment for the city and downtown area.
Founded in 1944, Rockford Map is the industry leader in the production of highly accurate plat data and maps containing land ownership, parcel boundaries and acreage information. The company maintains property information for more than 1,500 counties and provides GIS data and custom mapping services to a variety of markets, including agribusiness, oil and gas exploration, utilities, real estate, appraisal, recreation, government agencies and other organizations across the country.
Meet the employees of Rockford Map this summer as they get settled in and enjoy some of the exciting and new attractions of downtown, such as Rockford City Market and First Fridays.
For a more in-depth look at services offered by Rockford Map, visit www.rockfordmap.com.
From the May 9-15, 2012, issue