- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
May 12 Groove Walk features live music at 11 downtown establishments
Rockford’s downtown music pub crawl Groove Walk is set for 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., Saturday, May 12, at 11 downtown establishments.
One ticket ($7 in advance, $10 at the door) is good for admission to all 11 music outlets. Advance tickets are available at Adriatic Café and Live Music Bar, CJ’s Lounge, Deli Italia Lounge, Guzzardo Performance Music, Kryptonite, On the Waterfront, Inc., and Rue Marche.
Following is the lineup of performers:
Basement Blues Band — Adriatic Café and Live Music Bar, 327 W. Jefferson St.;
Combo Loco — Abreo, 515 E. State St.;
Hope Despite — Deli Italia Lounge, 507 E. State St.;
J.F. Gaziano & Beat Merchants — Irish Rose, 519 E. State St.;
Lizzie Neal Band — The Office Niteclub, 513 E. State St.;
Mana Kintorso — Kryptonite, 308 W. State St.;
Missing Links — Bar 3, 326 E. State St.;
Second Wind — Kiwi Café, 211 Elm St.;
Shifty Shafer — Rue Marche, 620 Market St.;
Three Good Men — Octane InterLounge, 124 N. Main St.; and
TRaSH ’80s — CJ’S Lounge, 300 E. State St.
Walk from establishment to establishment or hop on the Rockford Mass Transit District trolley for a free ride.
A portion of the proceeds raised from Groove Walk will benefit Rockford Area Music Industry’s Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund.
Call (815) 964-4388 for more details.
From the May 9-15, 2012, issue