- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
May 12 Groove Walk features live music at 11 downtown establishments
Rockford’s downtown music pub crawl Groove Walk is set for 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., Saturday, May 12, at 11 downtown establishments.
One ticket ($7 in advance, $10 at the door) is good for admission to all 11 music outlets. Advance tickets are available at Adriatic Café and Live Music Bar, CJ’s Lounge, Deli Italia Lounge, Guzzardo Performance Music, Kryptonite, On the Waterfront, Inc., and Rue Marche.
Following is the lineup of performers:
Basement Blues Band — Adriatic Café and Live Music Bar, 327 W. Jefferson St.;
Combo Loco — Abreo, 515 E. State St.;
Hope Despite — Deli Italia Lounge, 507 E. State St.;
J.F. Gaziano & Beat Merchants — Irish Rose, 519 E. State St.;
Lizzie Neal Band — The Office Niteclub, 513 E. State St.;
Mana Kintorso — Kryptonite, 308 W. State St.;
Missing Links — Bar 3, 326 E. State St.;
Second Wind — Kiwi Café, 211 Elm St.;
Shifty Shafer — Rue Marche, 620 Market St.;
Three Good Men — Octane InterLounge, 124 N. Main St.; and
TRaSH ’80s — CJ’S Lounge, 300 E. State St.
Walk from establishment to establishment or hop on the Rockford Mass Transit District trolley for a free ride.
A portion of the proceeds raised from Groove Walk will benefit Rockford Area Music Industry’s Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund.
Call (815) 964-4388 for more details.
From the May 9-15, 2012, issue