- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
May 12 Groove Walk features live music at 11 downtown establishments
Rockford’s downtown music pub crawl Groove Walk is set for 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., Saturday, May 12, at 11 downtown establishments.
One ticket ($7 in advance, $10 at the door) is good for admission to all 11 music outlets. Advance tickets are available at Adriatic Café and Live Music Bar, CJ’s Lounge, Deli Italia Lounge, Guzzardo Performance Music, Kryptonite, On the Waterfront, Inc., and Rue Marche.
Following is the lineup of performers:
Basement Blues Band — Adriatic Café and Live Music Bar, 327 W. Jefferson St.;
Combo Loco — Abreo, 515 E. State St.;
Hope Despite — Deli Italia Lounge, 507 E. State St.;
J.F. Gaziano & Beat Merchants — Irish Rose, 519 E. State St.;
Lizzie Neal Band — The Office Niteclub, 513 E. State St.;
Mana Kintorso — Kryptonite, 308 W. State St.;
Missing Links — Bar 3, 326 E. State St.;
Second Wind — Kiwi Café, 211 Elm St.;
Shifty Shafer — Rue Marche, 620 Market St.;
Three Good Men — Octane InterLounge, 124 N. Main St.; and
TRaSH ’80s — CJ’S Lounge, 300 E. State St.
Walk from establishment to establishment or hop on the Rockford Mass Transit District trolley for a free ride.
A portion of the proceeds raised from Groove Walk will benefit Rockford Area Music Industry’s Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund.
Call (815) 964-4388 for more details.
From the May 9-15, 2012, issue