- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Real Estate News: Boone County Habitat home construction to begin May 19
• First construction site workday for volunteers set for Saturday, May 19
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Art Hyland, construction manager for Habitat for Humanity of Boone County, has set the schedule for building the Gomez family home at 909 N. Main St., Belvidere, Ill.
Maria Isabel Gomez and her three children — Ricardo Gomez, 17, Daniel Gomez, 6, and Vanessa Hernandez, 3 — were selected as the partner family for the 2012 Habitat home. The home will feature three bedrooms, one bathroom, kitchen, living room and basement. A groundbreaking ceremony was May 5.
First construction site workday for volunteers is May 19. Construction work is scheduled May 26, which is Memorial Day weekend. Every Saturday will be a volunteer workday at the construction site until the home is completed, which is scheduled to be the end of September.
Work is scheduled for July 7, which is the Saturday after the Fourth of July, and Sept. 1, which is the Saturday before Labor Day.
To volunteer to work on the Habitat home, call (815) 288-6382 and leave a message with your phone number and a good time to contact you, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the May 9-15, 2012, issue