- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Softball: Drop-in Softball for adults age 50+
The Rockford Park District invites men and women age 50 and older to play co-rec softball this season.
Games in this drop-in program series will be played every Tuesday through Oct. 30, 9:30-11:30 a.m., at Dahlquist Park, 29th Street and Oak Grove Avenue, Rockford.
Players should bring their own glove and bat. Age is as of Dec. 31, 2012.
Spectators are welcome, and should bring their own lawn chairs or blankets. No pre-registration is needed for this free program — just come out to have fun!
This is one of many free programs offered by the Rockford Park District. For more information, call (815) 987-1603.
From the May 9-15, 2012, issue