- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Softball: Drop-in Softball for adults age 50+
The Rockford Park District invites men and women age 50 and older to play co-rec softball this season.
Games in this drop-in program series will be played every Tuesday through Oct. 30, 9:30-11:30 a.m., at Dahlquist Park, 29th Street and Oak Grove Avenue, Rockford.
Players should bring their own glove and bat. Age is as of Dec. 31, 2012.
Spectators are welcome, and should bring their own lawn chairs or blankets. No pre-registration is needed for this free program — just come out to have fun!
This is one of many free programs offered by the Rockford Park District. For more information, call (815) 987-1603.
From the May 9-15, 2012, issue