- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Sojourn House sponsors online raffle for Madison Quilt Expo Weekend
Bids to be taken May 14-18 with proceeds benefiting Freeport substance abuse treatment facility
FREEPORT, Ill. — Sojourn House is following up the success of the Northwest Illinois Quilt Expo by offering local quilt enthusiasts the chance to win a weekend getaway to Madison, Wis., for the Wisconsin Quilt Expo. The raffle package is a perfect trip for quilt enthusiasts of all ages.
May 14-18, Sojourn House will be taking bids for this package, which includes an overnight stay at the Clarion Suites in the Studio Suite (hotel is attached to the convention center), four two-day passes to the Wisconsin Quilt Expo, $25 gas card and $25 gift card to Glass Nickel Pizza Co. The Clarion Suites is sold out for this event.
The auction will be on www.nwilquiltexpo.com. Updates will also be posted on Facebook; join the Facebook page by searching for “Northwest Illinois Quilt Expo.”
Opening bid will be posted at 8 a.m., Monday, May 14, on the website and Facebook. To make a bid, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 238-5141. Your bid will be posted on the website and Facebook as soon as it is received so bidders can see what the highest bid amount is at any given point in the week. The auction will close at 5 p.m., Friday, May 18.
All proceeds from the auction will be donated to Sojourn House, a substance abuse treatment facility serving northern Illinois. Sojourn House, Inc., provides confidential, comprehensive alcohol and other drug treatment and counseling services to adolescents, adults, and their families, empowering them to achieve productive and healthy lives.
Sojourn House is at 565 N. Turner Ave., Freeport, and can be reached at (815) 232-5121.
From the May 9-15, 2012, issue