- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Sojourn House sponsors online raffle for Madison Quilt Expo Weekend
Bids to be taken May 14-18 with proceeds benefiting Freeport substance abuse treatment facility
FREEPORT, Ill. — Sojourn House is following up the success of the Northwest Illinois Quilt Expo by offering local quilt enthusiasts the chance to win a weekend getaway to Madison, Wis., for the Wisconsin Quilt Expo. The raffle package is a perfect trip for quilt enthusiasts of all ages.
May 14-18, Sojourn House will be taking bids for this package, which includes an overnight stay at the Clarion Suites in the Studio Suite (hotel is attached to the convention center), four two-day passes to the Wisconsin Quilt Expo, $25 gas card and $25 gift card to Glass Nickel Pizza Co. The Clarion Suites is sold out for this event.
The auction will be on www.nwilquiltexpo.com. Updates will also be posted on Facebook; join the Facebook page by searching for “Northwest Illinois Quilt Expo.”
Opening bid will be posted at 8 a.m., Monday, May 14, on the website and Facebook. To make a bid, send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (815) 238-5141. Your bid will be posted on the website and Facebook as soon as it is received so bidders can see what the highest bid amount is at any given point in the week. The auction will close at 5 p.m., Friday, May 18.
All proceeds from the auction will be donated to Sojourn House, a substance abuse treatment facility serving northern Illinois. Sojourn House, Inc., provides confidential, comprehensive alcohol and other drug treatment and counseling services to adolescents, adults, and their families, empowering them to achieve productive and healthy lives.
Sojourn House is at 565 N. Turner Ave., Freeport, and can be reached at (815) 232-5121.
From the May 9-15, 2012, issue