- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Sojourn House sponsors online raffle for Madison Quilt Expo Weekend
Bids to be taken May 14-18 with proceeds benefiting Freeport substance abuse treatment facility
FREEPORT, Ill. — Sojourn House is following up the success of the Northwest Illinois Quilt Expo by offering local quilt enthusiasts the chance to win a weekend getaway to Madison, Wis., for the Wisconsin Quilt Expo. The raffle package is a perfect trip for quilt enthusiasts of all ages.
May 14-18, Sojourn House will be taking bids for this package, which includes an overnight stay at the Clarion Suites in the Studio Suite (hotel is attached to the convention center), four two-day passes to the Wisconsin Quilt Expo, $25 gas card and $25 gift card to Glass Nickel Pizza Co. The Clarion Suites is sold out for this event.
The auction will be on www.nwilquiltexpo.com. Updates will also be posted on Facebook; join the Facebook page by searching for “Northwest Illinois Quilt Expo.”
Opening bid will be posted at 8 a.m., Monday, May 14, on the website and Facebook. To make a bid, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 238-5141. Your bid will be posted on the website and Facebook as soon as it is received so bidders can see what the highest bid amount is at any given point in the week. The auction will close at 5 p.m., Friday, May 18.
All proceeds from the auction will be donated to Sojourn House, a substance abuse treatment facility serving northern Illinois. Sojourn House, Inc., provides confidential, comprehensive alcohol and other drug treatment and counseling services to adolescents, adults, and their families, empowering them to achieve productive and healthy lives.
Sojourn House is at 565 N. Turner Ave., Freeport, and can be reached at (815) 232-5121.
From the May 9-15, 2012, issue