- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Tennis: Free tennis summer kick-off event June 2
Rockford Park District invites current and future tennis enthusiasts for free outdoor tennis fun at the Tennis Summer Kick-Off at Guilford Tennis Center, 5702 Spring Creek Road, Rockford, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, June 2.
Activities will include free skill level evaluations for lesson placement, free introductory lessons for all ages at the event, and a free tennis racquet (while supplies last) to youth ages 15 and younger present at the event who sign up for a summer tennis program.
Registrations for Park District tennis programs and tournaments will be taken on site; registration is also available online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by fax (with credit card), by mail and at Park District Customer Service locations — downtown at 401 S. Main St., Rockford, and Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
For more about the event or Park District tennis programs, call (815) 962-7469, (815) 987-8800, or visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/tennis. For about accessibility, disability support, and adapted tennis lessons, call (815) 987-8800.
From the May 9-15, 2012, issue