- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
After 5 Jazz quartet at Emerson House May 17
Online Staff Report
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s next “Jazz at Emerson” concert features the After 5 Jazz quartet at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, May 17, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
After 5 Jazz consists of Dave Ross, piano; Evon Sams, saxophone; Greg Clough, upright bass; and Thom Fishe, drums. The ensemble performs throughout the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area. Set list will include jazz classics such as “Take the A Train,” “Misty” and “Three to Get Ready.”
Freewill donations will be accepted; suggested amount $10. Proceeds will benefit the musicians and the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center.
“Jazz at Emerson” takes place one Thursday per month, 5:30-7 p.m., at the Emerson House in the heart of downtown Rockford. Concertgoers can enjoy the swinging sounds of jazz, relax with a glass of wine and light refreshments, and meet the performers after the program. Doors open at 5 p.m., and seating is limited. Visit www.mendelssohnpac.org for more details.
Posted May 16, 2012