- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
After 5 Jazz quartet at Emerson House May 17
Online Staff Report
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s next “Jazz at Emerson” concert features the After 5 Jazz quartet at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, May 17, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
After 5 Jazz consists of Dave Ross, piano; Evon Sams, saxophone; Greg Clough, upright bass; and Thom Fishe, drums. The ensemble performs throughout the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area. Set list will include jazz classics such as “Take the A Train,” “Misty” and “Three to Get Ready.”
Freewill donations will be accepted; suggested amount $10. Proceeds will benefit the musicians and the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center.
“Jazz at Emerson” takes place one Thursday per month, 5:30-7 p.m., at the Emerson House in the heart of downtown Rockford. Concertgoers can enjoy the swinging sounds of jazz, relax with a glass of wine and light refreshments, and meet the performers after the program. Doors open at 5 p.m., and seating is limited. Visit www.mendelssohnpac.org for more details.
Posted May 16, 2012