- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
After 5 Jazz quartet at Emerson House May 17
Online Staff Report
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s next “Jazz at Emerson” concert features the After 5 Jazz quartet at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, May 17, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
After 5 Jazz consists of Dave Ross, piano; Evon Sams, saxophone; Greg Clough, upright bass; and Thom Fishe, drums. The ensemble performs throughout the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area. Set list will include jazz classics such as “Take the A Train,” “Misty” and “Three to Get Ready.”
Freewill donations will be accepted; suggested amount $10. Proceeds will benefit the musicians and the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center.
“Jazz at Emerson” takes place one Thursday per month, 5:30-7 p.m., at the Emerson House in the heart of downtown Rockford. Concertgoers can enjoy the swinging sounds of jazz, relax with a glass of wine and light refreshments, and meet the performers after the program. Doors open at 5 p.m., and seating is limited. Visit www.mendelssohnpac.org for more details.
Posted May 16, 2012