- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Beloit Janesville Symphony Chamber Orchestra debuts theatrical concert
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis. — The Beloit Janesville Symphony Chamber Orchestra, conducted by Maestro Rob Tomaro, has announced a special appearance by Beloit College Dance Professor Sarah Wolf.
Guest artist Wolf, of the Beloit College Dance Department, will perform her original choreography in the newly-interpreted theatrical concert, Igor Stravinsky’s “L’histoire du Soldat (The Soldier’s Tale)” at 3 p.m., Sunday, May 20, at Eaton Chapel on the campus of Beloit College in Beloit, Wis.
Professor Wolf is a highly respected choreographer in the professional dance world. She graduated with honors from UW-Milwaukee with her bachelor of fine arts in dance. She has guest taught at UW-Whitewater, and is in the process of receiving certification in the ABT National Training Curriculum.
Wolf performed for one season with Danceworks Performance Company in Milwaukee, and is a company member with Kanopy Dance Company in Madison, Wis. She will dance the part of the awakening of the sleeping princess Gwendolyn in the work’s ballet sequence.
The theatrical concert is the premiere of Tomaro’s original adaptation of the classical musical theater work for Narrator and Chamber Orchestra, Igor Stravinsky’s “L’histoire du Soldat (The Soldier’s Tale).”
The concert will begin with a brief talk by Tomaro describing the history of the work and his process of the current adaptation.
Tickets are available at the door, or can be purchased in advance by calling the Box Office at (608) 313-1200, or by visiting the website at http://beloitjanesvillesymphony.org/purchase-tickets/.
Admission is $15 for adults and $5 for students with a valid student ID.
Posted May 16, 2012