- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Beloit Janesville Symphony Chamber Orchestra debuts theatrical concert
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis. — The Beloit Janesville Symphony Chamber Orchestra, conducted by Maestro Rob Tomaro, has announced a special appearance by Beloit College Dance Professor Sarah Wolf.
Guest artist Wolf, of the Beloit College Dance Department, will perform her original choreography in the newly-interpreted theatrical concert, Igor Stravinsky’s “L’histoire du Soldat (The Soldier’s Tale)” at 3 p.m., Sunday, May 20, at Eaton Chapel on the campus of Beloit College in Beloit, Wis.
Professor Wolf is a highly respected choreographer in the professional dance world. She graduated with honors from UW-Milwaukee with her bachelor of fine arts in dance. She has guest taught at UW-Whitewater, and is in the process of receiving certification in the ABT National Training Curriculum.
Wolf performed for one season with Danceworks Performance Company in Milwaukee, and is a company member with Kanopy Dance Company in Madison, Wis. She will dance the part of the awakening of the sleeping princess Gwendolyn in the work’s ballet sequence.
The theatrical concert is the premiere of Tomaro’s original adaptation of the classical musical theater work for Narrator and Chamber Orchestra, Igor Stravinsky’s “L’histoire du Soldat (The Soldier’s Tale).”
The concert will begin with a brief talk by Tomaro describing the history of the work and his process of the current adaptation.
Tickets are available at the door, or can be purchased in advance by calling the Box Office at (608) 313-1200, or by visiting the website at http://beloitjanesvillesymphony.org/purchase-tickets/.
Admission is $15 for adults and $5 for students with a valid student ID.
Posted May 16, 2012