- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Dorothy Paige-Turner, Ron Holm to perform at JustGoods May 20
Online Staff Report
A winning combination of musical performers is coming to JustGoods Listening Room, and you can hear them again and enjoy — for free!
Dorothy Paige-Turner and Ron Holm will team up with John Bishoff and Dave Timmcke at 7 p.m., Sunday, May 20, at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St. Music will include jazz, blues, folk, indi, and gospel.
Paige-Turner and Holm are some of the area’s best-known musical performers and recording artists. The two have collaborated in concerts and studio productions over several decades.
When Paige-Turner and Holm worked together at a concert last year, they identified a mutual desire to perform an “unplugged” concert of the jazz, gospel, blues and folk music that shaped their musical careers and their very lives. They name this concert “Who We Are,” after one of Holm’s compositions that they perform as a duet.
Paige-Turner is currently featured in Rockford’s Artists’ Ensemble Theater’s Gee’s Bend production. Holm performs frequently with the Between Planes band.
Timmcke (bass) and Bishoff (guitar) accompany Paige-Turner and Holm in this must-see concert.
The JustGoods venue is acoustically excellent, comfortable, and intimate. There is no cover charge, but donations to musicians are welcome.
Refreshments, including gourmet treats by Kate’s Piehole Records and Pies, will be available for purchase. Seating is limited, so arrive early.
For more information, call (815) 965-8903.
Posted May 16, 2012