- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Fitzgerald Funeral Home to honor veterans in Memorial Day Parade
Online Staff Report
Fitzgerald Funeral Home & Crematory, with two locations in Rockford, will be participating in Rockford’s Annual Memorial Day Parade Monday, May 28.
With the help of the Blackhawk Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America and the Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois, the folded flags of the veteran families Fitzgerald Funeral Home & Crematory has served in 2011/2012 will be carried in their honor.
According to Patrick Fitzgerald, vice president and funeral director of Fitzgerald Funeral Home & Crematory in Rockford: “We have served over 130 veteran families this past year. It is with great pride that we honor them for their sacrifices and pay tribute to them in one of our community’s most memorial events.”
This is Fitzgerald Funeral Home’s 98th year of service to Rockford — a heritage for which they are very proud.
For information about Fitzgerald Funeral Home & Crematory or Veteran Benefits, visit the website at www.fitzgeraldfuneralhome.com. If you have a flag and would like to be included in this event, call Fitzgerald’s Mulford Chapel at (815) 226-2273 by Monday, May 21, or visit one of their Rockford locations at 1860 S. Mulford Road or 3910 N. Rockton Ave.
Posted May 16, 2012