- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Fitzgerald Funeral Home to honor veterans in Memorial Day Parade
Online Staff Report
Fitzgerald Funeral Home & Crematory, with two locations in Rockford, will be participating in Rockford’s Annual Memorial Day Parade Monday, May 28.
With the help of the Blackhawk Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America and the Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois, the folded flags of the veteran families Fitzgerald Funeral Home & Crematory has served in 2011/2012 will be carried in their honor.
According to Patrick Fitzgerald, vice president and funeral director of Fitzgerald Funeral Home & Crematory in Rockford: “We have served over 130 veteran families this past year. It is with great pride that we honor them for their sacrifices and pay tribute to them in one of our community’s most memorial events.”
This is Fitzgerald Funeral Home’s 98th year of service to Rockford — a heritage for which they are very proud.
For information about Fitzgerald Funeral Home & Crematory or Veteran Benefits, visit the website at www.fitzgeraldfuneralhome.com. If you have a flag and would like to be included in this event, call Fitzgerald’s Mulford Chapel at (815) 226-2273 by Monday, May 21, or visit one of their Rockford locations at 1860 S. Mulford Road or 3910 N. Rockton Ave.
Posted May 16, 2012