- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
May is Fitness Month
Courtesy of National Park Service
Happy Physical Fitness Month! We, here at Conservation + Recreation, are really excited about the nationwide conversation taking place about the value of having daily access to health and fitness spaces in your local community. We invite you to our Facebook page to share pictures and stories about the places you go on a daily basis for physical activity. May is also National Bike Month, with May 18 being National Bike to Work day! There are a ton of great local events going on. In Washington, D.C., the Washington Area Bicycling Association has places for riders to meet up and connect with other local riders. Is your community hosting a ride, or has it been named a Bike-Friendly Community? We would love to hear about how bikes are a part of your community or your commute. Please feel free to share a photo and tell us about it.
From the May 16-22, 2012, issue