- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
May is Fitness Month
Courtesy of National Park Service
Happy Physical Fitness Month! We, here at Conservation + Recreation, are really excited about the nationwide conversation taking place about the value of having daily access to health and fitness spaces in your local community. We invite you to our Facebook page to share pictures and stories about the places you go on a daily basis for physical activity. May is also National Bike Month, with May 18 being National Bike to Work day! There are a ton of great local events going on. In Washington, D.C., the Washington Area Bicycling Association has places for riders to meet up and connect with other local riders. Is your community hosting a ride, or has it been named a Bike-Friendly Community? We would love to hear about how bikes are a part of your community or your commute. Please feel free to share a photo and tell us about it.
From the May 16-22, 2012, issue