- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
May is Fitness Month
Courtesy of National Park Service
Happy Physical Fitness Month! We, here at Conservation + Recreation, are really excited about the nationwide conversation taking place about the value of having daily access to health and fitness spaces in your local community. We invite you to our Facebook page to share pictures and stories about the places you go on a daily basis for physical activity. May is also National Bike Month, with May 18 being National Bike to Work day! There are a ton of great local events going on. In Washington, D.C., the Washington Area Bicycling Association has places for riders to meet up and connect with other local riders. Is your community hosting a ride, or has it been named a Bike-Friendly Community? We would love to hear about how bikes are a part of your community or your commute. Please feel free to share a photo and tell us about it.
From the May 16-22, 2012, issue