- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Paddling News: Rescue me! Thursdays topics to be offered throughout May
By Tom Lindblade
Illinois Paddling Council President
Illinois Paddler’s Council’s Paddlers’ Patrol is again sponsoring Rescue Me! Thursdays. (RM!T) will be offered every Thursday evening in May. Each evening will start promptly at 6 p.m. and go until dark.
Each evening will be open to all paddlers, and each will concentrate on one aspect of rescue training. Each training will be coordinated by experienced instructors. Participants must supply their own equipment, i.e.: boat, wet or dry suits, PFDs, throw ropes, etc. Bring whatever equipment you have, there will be a small amount of extra rescue equipment that can be loaned. You must be dressed properly for conditions and ready to get wet. If you are not a member of the ACA, there will be a one-time $5 charge. If you are a member, please have your ACA number ready.
Meet at the Geneva Outdoor Center at Yorkville by 6 p.m. We will work until dark.
Remaining sessions are as follows: May 17 — Swimming Paddler Rescues/ Wading Rescues, and May 24 — Towing/Bumping/Pinned Boat Rescues.
For questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630-207-9500.
From the May 16-22, 2012, issue