- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Paddling News: Rescue me! Thursdays topics to be offered throughout May
By Tom Lindblade
Illinois Paddling Council President
Illinois Paddler’s Council’s Paddlers’ Patrol is again sponsoring Rescue Me! Thursdays. (RM!T) will be offered every Thursday evening in May. Each evening will start promptly at 6 p.m. and go until dark.
Each evening will be open to all paddlers, and each will concentrate on one aspect of rescue training. Each training will be coordinated by experienced instructors. Participants must supply their own equipment, i.e.: boat, wet or dry suits, PFDs, throw ropes, etc. Bring whatever equipment you have, there will be a small amount of extra rescue equipment that can be loaned. You must be dressed properly for conditions and ready to get wet. If you are not a member of the ACA, there will be a one-time $5 charge. If you are a member, please have your ACA number ready.
Meet at the Geneva Outdoor Center at Yorkville by 6 p.m. We will work until dark.
Remaining sessions are as follows: May 17 — Swimming Paddler Rescues/ Wading Rescues, and May 24 — Towing/Bumping/Pinned Boat Rescues.
For questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630-207-9500.
From the May 16-22, 2012, issue