- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Paddling News: Rescue me! Thursdays topics to be offered throughout May
By Tom Lindblade
Illinois Paddling Council President
Illinois Paddler’s Council’s Paddlers’ Patrol is again sponsoring Rescue Me! Thursdays. (RM!T) will be offered every Thursday evening in May. Each evening will start promptly at 6 p.m. and go until dark.
Each evening will be open to all paddlers, and each will concentrate on one aspect of rescue training. Each training will be coordinated by experienced instructors. Participants must supply their own equipment, i.e.: boat, wet or dry suits, PFDs, throw ropes, etc. Bring whatever equipment you have, there will be a small amount of extra rescue equipment that can be loaned. You must be dressed properly for conditions and ready to get wet. If you are not a member of the ACA, there will be a one-time $5 charge. If you are a member, please have your ACA number ready.
Meet at the Geneva Outdoor Center at Yorkville by 6 p.m. We will work until dark.
Remaining sessions are as follows: May 17 — Swimming Paddler Rescues/ Wading Rescues, and May 24 — Towing/Bumping/Pinned Boat Rescues.
For questions, e-mail email@example.com or call 630-207-9500.
From the May 16-22, 2012, issue