- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Paddling News: Rescue me! Thursdays topics to be offered throughout May
By Tom Lindblade
Illinois Paddling Council President
Illinois Paddler’s Council’s Paddlers’ Patrol is again sponsoring Rescue Me! Thursdays. (RM!T) will be offered every Thursday evening in May. Each evening will start promptly at 6 p.m. and go until dark.
Each evening will be open to all paddlers, and each will concentrate on one aspect of rescue training. Each training will be coordinated by experienced instructors. Participants must supply their own equipment, i.e.: boat, wet or dry suits, PFDs, throw ropes, etc. Bring whatever equipment you have, there will be a small amount of extra rescue equipment that can be loaned. You must be dressed properly for conditions and ready to get wet. If you are not a member of the ACA, there will be a one-time $5 charge. If you are a member, please have your ACA number ready.
Meet at the Geneva Outdoor Center at Yorkville by 6 p.m. We will work until dark.
Remaining sessions are as follows: May 17 — Swimming Paddler Rescues/ Wading Rescues, and May 24 — Towing/Bumping/Pinned Boat Rescues.
For questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630-207-9500.
From the May 16-22, 2012, issue