- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Paddling News: Rescue me! Thursdays topics to be offered throughout May
By Tom Lindblade
Illinois Paddling Council President
Illinois Paddler’s Council’s Paddlers’ Patrol is again sponsoring Rescue Me! Thursdays. (RM!T) will be offered every Thursday evening in May. Each evening will start promptly at 6 p.m. and go until dark.
Each evening will be open to all paddlers, and each will concentrate on one aspect of rescue training. Each training will be coordinated by experienced instructors. Participants must supply their own equipment, i.e.: boat, wet or dry suits, PFDs, throw ropes, etc. Bring whatever equipment you have, there will be a small amount of extra rescue equipment that can be loaned. You must be dressed properly for conditions and ready to get wet. If you are not a member of the ACA, there will be a one-time $5 charge. If you are a member, please have your ACA number ready.
Meet at the Geneva Outdoor Center at Yorkville by 6 p.m. We will work until dark.
Remaining sessions are as follows: May 17 — Swimming Paddler Rescues/ Wading Rescues, and May 24 — Towing/Bumping/Pinned Boat Rescues.
For questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630-207-9500.
From the May 16-22, 2012, issue