- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Pro Baseball: Bus trip to historic Wrigley Field set for June 23
By Doug Halberstadt
I know we just wrapped up Mother’s Day, and for most people it’s a tad bit early to start thinking about what to get dad for Father’s Day. If you’re the type of person who doesn’t mind planning ahead, I’ve found the perfect gift for dear ol’ dad. If he’s a baseball fan, he’s going to love this; if he’s a Cubs fan, he’s really, really going to love this.
Rockford’s own Canterbury Books and Tours is taking a bus trip into historic Wrigley Field Saturday, June 23. When the tour arrives at the corner of Clark and Addison, there won’t be any Cubs game to watch. But don’t worry, dad’s not going to be disappointed.
Instead, participants will get the rare opportunity to get a glimpse of Wrigley Field that is usually reserved for the players and other VIPs. They’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at the dugout, clubhouse, dressing room, skybox and press box. The highlight of the tour will be the opportunity to walk out onto the field and stand in the spots where Cubs legends Ernie Banks, Billy Williams and Ron Santo once stood.
The cost of the trip is $85 per person and includes round-trip transportation, the Wrigley Field tour and lunch at Harry Caray’s Tavern.
If this sounds better than the customary tie or power tool, you can get more information directly from Canterbury Books and Tours at (815) 398-1454 or by e-mailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the May 16-22, 2012, issue