- EarthTalk: Avoiding harmful food additives
- Nighttime/alcohol enforcement patrols set for Dec. 26-28
- ComEd readies for potential winter weather
- Lee Hamilton: Time to focus on growing the economy
- Anti-corruption reform advisory question to appear on ballot
- Evidence found in Dec. 20 quadruple murder, but no arrests
- Yes, Virginia, Portillo’s is coming to Rockford
- Meet John Doe: Wake up and share that Christmas spirit, you’re the hope of the world
- Tech-Friendly: Recycle your old electronics this holiday season
- Garbage collection adjusted for Christmas, New Year’s
Rockford Mass Transit names Employees of the Year
Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) announced the following individuals were named Employee of the Year for their respective departments:
Operator of the Year: First Place, Darryl Mitchell; Second Place, Bernard Barnes; Third Place, Lance Bressler.
Paratransit Operator of the Year: First Place, Joe Eterno; Second Place, Eric Fishe; Third Place, Dominic Eterno.
Mechanic of the Year: First Place, Jim Donnelli; Second Place, Jim Groshans; Third Place, Tim Blackman.
The RMTD management team has selected these employees based on their safety record, attendance record and overall job performance for calendar year 2011. These employees will be recognized for their accomplishments at an Employee Appreciation Day Luncheon Friday, May 18. Each employee will receive a personalized gift and a savings bond in appreciation for their efforts.
RMTD has been recognizing Employees of the Year since 1989. In addition to honoring the first, second- and third-place Employees of the Year from each of the three departments, the district will also honor the 21 employees who have achieved perfect attendance during calendar year 2011.
From the May 16-22, 2012, issue