- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Rockford Mass Transit names Employees of the Year
Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) announced the following individuals were named Employee of the Year for their respective departments:
Operator of the Year: First Place, Darryl Mitchell; Second Place, Bernard Barnes; Third Place, Lance Bressler.
Paratransit Operator of the Year: First Place, Joe Eterno; Second Place, Eric Fishe; Third Place, Dominic Eterno.
Mechanic of the Year: First Place, Jim Donnelli; Second Place, Jim Groshans; Third Place, Tim Blackman.
The RMTD management team has selected these employees based on their safety record, attendance record and overall job performance for calendar year 2011. These employees will be recognized for their accomplishments at an Employee Appreciation Day Luncheon Friday, May 18. Each employee will receive a personalized gift and a savings bond in appreciation for their efforts.
RMTD has been recognizing Employees of the Year since 1989. In addition to honoring the first, second- and third-place Employees of the Year from each of the three departments, the district will also honor the 21 employees who have achieved perfect attendance during calendar year 2011.
From the May 16-22, 2012, issue