- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford Mass Transit names Employees of the Year
Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) announced the following individuals were named Employee of the Year for their respective departments:
Operator of the Year: First Place, Darryl Mitchell; Second Place, Bernard Barnes; Third Place, Lance Bressler.
Paratransit Operator of the Year: First Place, Joe Eterno; Second Place, Eric Fishe; Third Place, Dominic Eterno.
Mechanic of the Year: First Place, Jim Donnelli; Second Place, Jim Groshans; Third Place, Tim Blackman.
The RMTD management team has selected these employees based on their safety record, attendance record and overall job performance for calendar year 2011. These employees will be recognized for their accomplishments at an Employee Appreciation Day Luncheon Friday, May 18. Each employee will receive a personalized gift and a savings bond in appreciation for their efforts.
RMTD has been recognizing Employees of the Year since 1989. In addition to honoring the first, second- and third-place Employees of the Year from each of the three departments, the district will also honor the 21 employees who have achieved perfect attendance during calendar year 2011.
From the May 16-22, 2012, issue