- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Rockford Mass Transit names Employees of the Year
Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) announced the following individuals were named Employee of the Year for their respective departments:
Operator of the Year: First Place, Darryl Mitchell; Second Place, Bernard Barnes; Third Place, Lance Bressler.
Paratransit Operator of the Year: First Place, Joe Eterno; Second Place, Eric Fishe; Third Place, Dominic Eterno.
Mechanic of the Year: First Place, Jim Donnelli; Second Place, Jim Groshans; Third Place, Tim Blackman.
The RMTD management team has selected these employees based on their safety record, attendance record and overall job performance for calendar year 2011. These employees will be recognized for their accomplishments at an Employee Appreciation Day Luncheon Friday, May 18. Each employee will receive a personalized gift and a savings bond in appreciation for their efforts.
RMTD has been recognizing Employees of the Year since 1989. In addition to honoring the first, second- and third-place Employees of the Year from each of the three departments, the district will also honor the 21 employees who have achieved perfect attendance during calendar year 2011.
From the May 16-22, 2012, issue