- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
BREAST Yard Sale in Town May 26-June 17 in Oregon, Ill.
By Karen Virnoche
OREGON, Ill. — The annual BREAST Yard Sale in Town hit a milestone last year. To date, the sale has raised more than $70,000, and we are going to hit $75,000 and more this year.
The barn is full. Donations of all kinds have been arriving daily and include items from several estates as well as donations from lingerie companies.
The sale begins on Memorial Day, Saturday, May 26, and will run every day from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m., rain or shine, through Father’s Day, June 17.
The BREAST Yard Sale in Town is more than just a yard sale. People come to talk about their experience with cancer. I try to provide some sort of comfort and support for them because I have faced cancer four times and I have lost many loved ones to the disease.
People who know me find out I am passionate about finding a cure and ending cancer in our lifetime. The yard sale is a “safe place” to express yourself through laughter, tears and talking about memories. No one is in a rush. Time is on our side at this event. It is a very comfortable, enjoyable place, and people know all the money raised goes to the American Cancer Society.
We are in this together. The power of friends and community in fighting cancer! Come to the BREAST Yard Sale in Town at 1194 Mud Creek Road in Oregon, Ill. You will enjoy the experience and always find something you can’t live without!
From the May 23-29, 2012, issue