- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
BREAST Yard Sale in Town May 26-June 17 in Oregon, Ill.
By Karen Virnoche
OREGON, Ill. — The annual BREAST Yard Sale in Town hit a milestone last year. To date, the sale has raised more than $70,000, and we are going to hit $75,000 and more this year.
The barn is full. Donations of all kinds have been arriving daily and include items from several estates as well as donations from lingerie companies.
The sale begins on Memorial Day, Saturday, May 26, and will run every day from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m., rain or shine, through Father’s Day, June 17.
The BREAST Yard Sale in Town is more than just a yard sale. People come to talk about their experience with cancer. I try to provide some sort of comfort and support for them because I have faced cancer four times and I have lost many loved ones to the disease.
People who know me find out I am passionate about finding a cure and ending cancer in our lifetime. The yard sale is a “safe place” to express yourself through laughter, tears and talking about memories. No one is in a rush. Time is on our side at this event. It is a very comfortable, enjoyable place, and people know all the money raised goes to the American Cancer Society.
We are in this together. The power of friends and community in fighting cancer! Come to the BREAST Yard Sale in Town at 1194 Mud Creek Road in Oregon, Ill. You will enjoy the experience and always find something you can’t live without!
From the May 23-29, 2012, issue