- House turns to workers’ comp; workers, business interests testify
- Right-to-work not right for workers
- Several aspects of the Cubs bring optimism
- ‘Hogs handle Stars, move on to Grand Rapids
- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
Charter Fitness offers free gym pass to military on short-term leave
CHICAGO — Charter Fitness, with a location at 5825 E. Riverside Blvd., Rockford, is giving a free gym pass to any member of the military who is on short-term leave from active duty.
Members of the military only need to present their military IDs and leave papers to receive the free pass. The pass is good for the duration of leave and entitles them to full benefits at their local Charter Fitness location.
“Every time I come home on leave to see my family, I get my workout in at Charter Fitness,” said David Keltner, SSGT, U.S. Army. “The staff is very friendly and helpful, especially here in Homer Glen, and they always let me work out on a free pass.”
As for locally-based military and their spouses and children, Charter Fitness is waiving the joining fee. This $0-to-join offer is also good for members of the police and fire department, as well as their spouses and children.
Dan Collins, director of sales for Charter Fitness, said: “We at Charter Fitness are very grateful to our service men and women for the sacrifices they make. We just want to show our thanks and make things a little easier and more comfortable for them and their families.”
Charter Fitness in Rockford can be reached at (815) 633-3500. Visit www.CharterFitness.com for more details.
From the May 23-29, 2012, issue