- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Charter Fitness offers free gym pass to military on short-term leave
CHICAGO — Charter Fitness, with a location at 5825 E. Riverside Blvd., Rockford, is giving a free gym pass to any member of the military who is on short-term leave from active duty.
Members of the military only need to present their military IDs and leave papers to receive the free pass. The pass is good for the duration of leave and entitles them to full benefits at their local Charter Fitness location.
“Every time I come home on leave to see my family, I get my workout in at Charter Fitness,” said David Keltner, SSGT, U.S. Army. “The staff is very friendly and helpful, especially here in Homer Glen, and they always let me work out on a free pass.”
As for locally-based military and their spouses and children, Charter Fitness is waiving the joining fee. This $0-to-join offer is also good for members of the police and fire department, as well as their spouses and children.
Dan Collins, director of sales for Charter Fitness, said: “We at Charter Fitness are very grateful to our service men and women for the sacrifices they make. We just want to show our thanks and make things a little easier and more comfortable for them and their families.”
Charter Fitness in Rockford can be reached at (815) 633-3500. Visit www.CharterFitness.com for more details.
From the May 23-29, 2012, issue