- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Deadline June 10 for In Print writing contest submissions
• Only requirement is that topic of each piece must be about writing
In Print, a local writers’ group, is hosting its first writing contest. Short stories of 1,000 words or fewer and poems of 30 lines or fewer will be accepted through June 10, with winners announced at the Aug. 11 In Print meeting.
The only requirement is that the story or poetry be something about writing — an author, group or how to beat writers’ block.
Three judges will judge in three categories: fiction, non-fiction and poetry. Prizes will be determined on the number of entries, and one winner will be chosen per category.
Fee is $10 per entry for members, $15 per entry for non-members. Submissions should be sent to In Print, P.O. Box 2146, Loves Park, IL 61132, with checks made payable to In Print. Each submission should include entry fee, a cover letter with name and contact information, and story or poetry. A separate fee, cover letter and story or poetry should be included for each entry.
From the May 23-29, 2012, issue