- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Deadline June 10 for In Print writing contest submissions
• Only requirement is that topic of each piece must be about writing
In Print, a local writers’ group, is hosting its first writing contest. Short stories of 1,000 words or fewer and poems of 30 lines or fewer will be accepted through June 10, with winners announced at the Aug. 11 In Print meeting.
The only requirement is that the story or poetry be something about writing — an author, group or how to beat writers’ block.
Three judges will judge in three categories: fiction, non-fiction and poetry. Prizes will be determined on the number of entries, and one winner will be chosen per category.
Fee is $10 per entry for members, $15 per entry for non-members. Submissions should be sent to In Print, P.O. Box 2146, Loves Park, IL 61132, with checks made payable to In Print. Each submission should include entry fee, a cover letter with name and contact information, and story or poetry. A separate fee, cover letter and story or poetry should be included for each entry.
From the May 23-29, 2012, issue