- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
Deadline June 10 for In Print writing contest submissions
• Only requirement is that topic of each piece must be about writing
In Print, a local writers’ group, is hosting its first writing contest. Short stories of 1,000 words or fewer and poems of 30 lines or fewer will be accepted through June 10, with winners announced at the Aug. 11 In Print meeting.
The only requirement is that the story or poetry be something about writing — an author, group or how to beat writers’ block.
Three judges will judge in three categories: fiction, non-fiction and poetry. Prizes will be determined on the number of entries, and one winner will be chosen per category.
Fee is $10 per entry for members, $15 per entry for non-members. Submissions should be sent to In Print, P.O. Box 2146, Loves Park, IL 61132, with checks made payable to In Print. Each submission should include entry fee, a cover letter with name and contact information, and story or poetry. A separate fee, cover letter and story or poetry should be included for each entry.
From the May 23-29, 2012, issue