- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful partners with Camera Craft for the annual Nature Photography contest seminars
Loves Park, Ill. — Camera Craft offers two photography seminars in May in support of the Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful Annual Nature Photography Contest. The first seminar was Tuesday, May 22, and featured Landscape Photographer Bradley Nordlof of Northern Leaf Imaging.
Tuesday, May 29, avid amateur photographer Dave Donahue will present a program about Close-Up and Nature Photography based on extensive work in the National Parks and wilderness areas. This seminar will be from 7 to 8:30 p.m. and include a Q&A session. The fee for the seminar is $20; all proceeds go to Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful. Registration is required; space is limited.
Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful Annual Photography Contest entries will be accepted from June 15 to July 31. Submit your best photos showcasing the beauty of the environment here in northern Illinois. Your winning photo will gain you recognition for your work and could be used for publication and other promotional use. In addition to this recognition, photographers submitting winning photos will be awarded prizes from Camera Craft. Visit www.knib.org or www.cameracraftinc.com for contest rules.
Since 1988, Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful has positioned itself as an outcome-based organization engaging all elements of the community to enhance neighborhoods by reducing, reusing and recycling our world’s resources for future generations. For additional information regarding Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful events and programs, call (815) 637-1343 or visit www.knib.org.
From the May 23-29, 2012, issue