- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Obituary: Beverly Crittenden, 75
Loving Wife and Sister
Beverly Crittenden, 75, a lifelong resident of Rockford, died Sunday, May 20, 2012 in her home with her loving husband at her side. Born April 2, 1937, the daughter of Clifford T. and Beatrice (Martin) Holland. Married her loving husband, Paul W. Crittenden. Beverly worked at Rockford Memorial Hospital as a Registered Nurse for 27 years. A member of the Rockford Unitarian Universalist Church, Blackhawk Trails Club, Wild Ones, Natural Land Institute, Ridges Sanctuary and Out of Doors Water Color Group. She and Paul spent a lot of their time camping and enjoying the beauties of nature together. Paul would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to her VNA hospice nurse, Vicki, for all that she did for Beverly. Survivors include her husband, Paul; sisters, Roberta Carlson and Delores Mordt. Preceded in death by her parents and her sister, Michaeline Rule. Memorial service Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 11 a.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Church, 4848 Turner Street, Rockford, IL. Memorials may be made in her name to the Natural Land Institute, 320 South 3rd Street, Rockford, IL 61104. Express online condolences at: www.fitzgeraldfh.com.
From the May 23-29, 2012, issue