- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Obituary: Beverly Crittenden, 75
Loving Wife and Sister
Beverly Crittenden, 75, a lifelong resident of Rockford, died Sunday, May 20, 2012 in her home with her loving husband at her side. Born April 2, 1937, the daughter of Clifford T. and Beatrice (Martin) Holland. Married her loving husband, Paul W. Crittenden. Beverly worked at Rockford Memorial Hospital as a Registered Nurse for 27 years. A member of the Rockford Unitarian Universalist Church, Blackhawk Trails Club, Wild Ones, Natural Land Institute, Ridges Sanctuary and Out of Doors Water Color Group. She and Paul spent a lot of their time camping and enjoying the beauties of nature together. Paul would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to her VNA hospice nurse, Vicki, for all that she did for Beverly. Survivors include her husband, Paul; sisters, Roberta Carlson and Delores Mordt. Preceded in death by her parents and her sister, Michaeline Rule. Memorial service Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 11 a.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Church, 4848 Turner Street, Rockford, IL. Memorials may be made in her name to the Natural Land Institute, 320 South 3rd Street, Rockford, IL 61104. Express online condolences at: www.fitzgeraldfh.com.
From the May 23-29, 2012, issue