- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Young at Heart Festival May 25-28
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The 41st Annual Young at Heart Festival is set for Friday-Monday, May 25-28, on the grounds of Loves Park City Hall, 100 Heart Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
The event will feature live music, carnival rides, fireworks, a beer garden, food, a kids’ fishing derby and Young at Heart Parade.
Headlining this year’s festival is country star Jo Dee Messina, along with fan favorites The Blooze Brothers and festival newcomers Generation.
Sunday, May 27, is Kids’ Day and will feature popular children’s entertainers Jim Gill and Susan Salidor.
Those who purchase buttons in advance save $2 off gate prices. Buttons are available at outlets all over the region (visit www.youngatheartfestival.com for locations).
Buttons are good for all four days of the festival and cost $6 in advance or $8 at the gate. Children 8 and younger are admitted free.
Family Fun Packs of four buttons and four coupons good for $2 off ride wristbands are available for $24 (a $32 value).
Call the Parks Chamber of Commerce at (815) 633-3999 for more information about the 41st Young at Heart Festival.
The Young at Heart schedule is as follows:
Friday, May 25 (gates open at 6 p.m.)
5 p.m. — Opening Ceremony
7-8:30 p.m. — Howard and the White Boys
10-11:30 p.m. — The Blooze Brothers
Saturday, May 26 (gates open at noon)
9 a.m. — Young at Heart Parade (starts at Woodward, 5001 N. Second St., Loves Park)
3-4:30 p.m. — Young at Heart Idol Contest
9:30 p.m. — Fireworks Spectacular
(Country Music Day)
5-7:30 p.m. — Kharma
8-9:30 p.m. — Jo Dee Messina
10-11:30 p.m. — Anthony Billups
Sunday, May 27 (gates open at noon)
3-5 p.m. — Home Depot Craft Tent
1:15-2 p.m. — Jim Gill
2:15-3 p.m. — Susan Salidor
5-6:30 p.m. — Redline 7000
7-9:30 p.m. — Green Thirteen
10-11:30 p.m. — Generation
Monday, May 28 (gates open at noon)
Noon-2 p.m. — Memorial Day Variety Show
3-5:30 p.m. — Clutch Cargo
From the May 23-29, 2012, issue