- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Young at Heart Festival May 25-28
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The 41st Annual Young at Heart Festival is set for Friday-Monday, May 25-28, on the grounds of Loves Park City Hall, 100 Heart Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
The event will feature live music, carnival rides, fireworks, a beer garden, food, a kids’ fishing derby and Young at Heart Parade.
Headlining this year’s festival is country star Jo Dee Messina, along with fan favorites The Blooze Brothers and festival newcomers Generation.
Sunday, May 27, is Kids’ Day and will feature popular children’s entertainers Jim Gill and Susan Salidor.
Those who purchase buttons in advance save $2 off gate prices. Buttons are available at outlets all over the region (visit www.youngatheartfestival.com for locations).
Buttons are good for all four days of the festival and cost $6 in advance or $8 at the gate. Children 8 and younger are admitted free.
Family Fun Packs of four buttons and four coupons good for $2 off ride wristbands are available for $24 (a $32 value).
Call the Parks Chamber of Commerce at (815) 633-3999 for more information about the 41st Young at Heart Festival.
The Young at Heart schedule is as follows:
Friday, May 25 (gates open at 6 p.m.)
5 p.m. — Opening Ceremony
7-8:30 p.m. — Howard and the White Boys
10-11:30 p.m. — The Blooze Brothers
Saturday, May 26 (gates open at noon)
9 a.m. — Young at Heart Parade (starts at Woodward, 5001 N. Second St., Loves Park)
3-4:30 p.m. — Young at Heart Idol Contest
9:30 p.m. — Fireworks Spectacular
(Country Music Day)
5-7:30 p.m. — Kharma
8-9:30 p.m. — Jo Dee Messina
10-11:30 p.m. — Anthony Billups
Sunday, May 27 (gates open at noon)
3-5 p.m. — Home Depot Craft Tent
1:15-2 p.m. — Jim Gill
2:15-3 p.m. — Susan Salidor
5-6:30 p.m. — Redline 7000
7-9:30 p.m. — Green Thirteen
10-11:30 p.m. — Generation
Monday, May 28 (gates open at noon)
Noon-2 p.m. — Memorial Day Variety Show
3-5:30 p.m. — Clutch Cargo
From the May 23-29, 2012, issue