- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Youth Track: Rockton seventh-grader wins state track title
ROCKTON, Ill. — DuWayne Patriq Jones of Stephen Mack Middle School in Rockton, Ill., had a great weekend at the Illinois Elementary School Association (IES) state finals.
Jones placed first in the 400-meter dash for the IESA seventh-grade boys’ division with at time of 53.51. He made it to the semi-finals in the 100-meter dash, and placed 12th overall, just missing the finals with a time of 12.58. He was also the anchor leg in the boys’ 4-by-400-meter relay that placed third overall in state with a time of 4:03.
Overall, the Stephen Mack Middle School team did well and is bringing home seven medals and one state championship title.
From the May 23-29, 2012, issue