- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
Youth Track: Rockton seventh-grader wins state track title
ROCKTON, Ill. — DuWayne Patriq Jones of Stephen Mack Middle School in Rockton, Ill., had a great weekend at the Illinois Elementary School Association (IES) state finals.
Jones placed first in the 400-meter dash for the IESA seventh-grade boys’ division with at time of 53.51. He made it to the semi-finals in the 100-meter dash, and placed 12th overall, just missing the finals with a time of 12.58. He was also the anchor leg in the boys’ 4-by-400-meter relay that placed third overall in state with a time of 4:03.
Overall, the Stephen Mack Middle School team did well and is bringing home seven medals and one state championship title.
From the May 23-29, 2012, issue