- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Youth Track: Rockton seventh-grader wins state track title
ROCKTON, Ill. — DuWayne Patriq Jones of Stephen Mack Middle School in Rockton, Ill., had a great weekend at the Illinois Elementary School Association (IES) state finals.
Jones placed first in the 400-meter dash for the IESA seventh-grade boys’ division with at time of 53.51. He made it to the semi-finals in the 100-meter dash, and placed 12th overall, just missing the finals with a time of 12.58. He was also the anchor leg in the boys’ 4-by-400-meter relay that placed third overall in state with a time of 4:03.
Overall, the Stephen Mack Middle School team did well and is bringing home seven medals and one state championship title.
From the May 23-29, 2012, issue