- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Memorial service to honor veterans at North Burritt Union Cemetery
Online Staff Report
A memorial service to honor veterans will be held at 2 p.m., Sunday, May 27, at North Burritt Union Cemetery, in the 8300 block of Cemetery Road, Winnebago, Ill. This is two miles west of the corner of Meridian Road and Cemetery Road intersection, northwest of Rockford.
The service to honor veterans has been conducted for more than 100 years. The service will include the Presentation of Colors and Pledge of Allegiance conducted by Boy Scout Pack No. 5 of Winnebago. The program includes a reading of Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address and a reading of the Roll Call of Honored Dead in Burritt cemeteries.
Speaker for the service will be Larry Moody, pastor of Burritt Community Church. Music will also be played, and the service will conclude with the playing of Taps.
In the event of rain, the service will be held at Burritt Community Church, 8378Trask Bridge Road (IL Route 70), Rockford. The church is approximately two miles west of the intersection of Meridian Road and IL Route 70/Trask Bridge Road.
For more information, call Richard McCray at (815) 964-0094.
Posted May 24, 2012