- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
Memorial service to honor veterans at North Burritt Union Cemetery
Online Staff Report
A memorial service to honor veterans will be held at 2 p.m., Sunday, May 27, at North Burritt Union Cemetery, in the 8300 block of Cemetery Road, Winnebago, Ill. This is two miles west of the corner of Meridian Road and Cemetery Road intersection, northwest of Rockford.
The service to honor veterans has been conducted for more than 100 years. The service will include the Presentation of Colors and Pledge of Allegiance conducted by Boy Scout Pack No. 5 of Winnebago. The program includes a reading of Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address and a reading of the Roll Call of Honored Dead in Burritt cemeteries.
Speaker for the service will be Larry Moody, pastor of Burritt Community Church. Music will also be played, and the service will conclude with the playing of Taps.
In the event of rain, the service will be held at Burritt Community Church, 8378Trask Bridge Road (IL Route 70), Rockford. The church is approximately two miles west of the intersection of Meridian Road and IL Route 70/Trask Bridge Road.
For more information, call Richard McCray at (815) 964-0094.
Posted May 24, 2012