- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
Anderson Gardens offers live music series starting June 5
Rockford’s Anderson Japanese Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, will offer a summer music concert series, “Tuesday Evening in the Gardens,” June 5-Aug. 28.
The public is invited to socialize, stroll the gardens and enjoy music during the live concerts.
Local food vendors will include Woodfire Pizza, Zammuto’s Granitas, DiTullio’s Italian Deli and The Popcorn Parlor. Guests are encouraged to bring a light supper, but carry-in beverages are not permitted. Beer, wine, soda and bottled water are available for purchase.
Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for students ages 13-18, and free for children 12 and younger and museum members.
Guests are invited to begin setting up picinic areas on the lawn starting at 5:15 p.m., although concerts will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Following is the musical lineup for 12-week summer concert series:
June 5 — Miles Nielsen
June 12 — Derek Luttrell
June 19 — Kelly Steward
June 26 — Warren Franklin
July 10 — Dane Penn
July 17 — Antony & The Tramps
July 24 — Stephanie Yeager
July 31 — Sarah Abramowitz
Aug. 7 — Rive
Aug. 14 — Mostly Water
Aug. 21 — Parker
Aug. 28 — Jodi Beach
For more about Anderson Japanese Gardens, call (815) 229-9390 or visit andersongardens.org.
From the May 30-June 5, 2012, issue