- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Anderson Gardens offers live music series starting June 5
Rockford’s Anderson Japanese Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, will offer a summer music concert series, “Tuesday Evening in the Gardens,” June 5-Aug. 28.
The public is invited to socialize, stroll the gardens and enjoy music during the live concerts.
Local food vendors will include Woodfire Pizza, Zammuto’s Granitas, DiTullio’s Italian Deli and The Popcorn Parlor. Guests are encouraged to bring a light supper, but carry-in beverages are not permitted. Beer, wine, soda and bottled water are available for purchase.
Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for students ages 13-18, and free for children 12 and younger and museum members.
Guests are invited to begin setting up picinic areas on the lawn starting at 5:15 p.m., although concerts will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Following is the musical lineup for 12-week summer concert series:
June 5 — Miles Nielsen
June 12 — Derek Luttrell
June 19 — Kelly Steward
June 26 — Warren Franklin
July 10 — Dane Penn
July 17 — Antony & The Tramps
July 24 — Stephanie Yeager
July 31 — Sarah Abramowitz
Aug. 7 — Rive
Aug. 14 — Mostly Water
Aug. 21 — Parker
Aug. 28 — Jodi Beach
For more about Anderson Japanese Gardens, call (815) 229-9390 or visit andersongardens.org.
From the May 30-June 5, 2012, issue