- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
Golf: Ryan Jury Memorial Golf Outing set for June 20
The 27th Annual Ryan Jury Memorial Golf Outing is set for Wednesday, June 20, at Aldeen Golf Club, 1902 Reid Farm Road, Rockford, with the evening dinner at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road.
The outing began in June 1986 following the death from cancer of Greg and Kelly Jury’ s 23-month-old son, Ryan.
Cost of the outing is $125, which includes golf, continental breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dinner only is $50.
Proceeds from the outing benefit the Ryan Jury Child Development Learning Center. The Learning Center, on the SwedishAmerican Hospital campus, is named in honor of Ryan Jury and in recognition and appreciation of the Jury family’s 27-year commitment and support to SwedishAmerican.
Golfing will begin at 7 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. with shotgun starts. The evening dinner, which begins at 6 p.m. at Giovanni’s, will include a sit-down dinner, entertainment by Carl Cole, and a silent auction. Paul Logli will be the emcee. At the end of the evening, the Jury family will present a check to Dr. Bill Gorski, president and CEO for SwedishAmerican. Over the past 26 years, the Jury Outing has raised more than $832,000.
For information about the Golf Outing, dinner or sponsorships, contact Jan Hagenlocher, director of Community Relations at SwedishAmerican, at (815) 966-2066.
From the May 30-June 5, 2012, issue