- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
Rock County Cancer Coalition to hold Walk for Hope June 1 in Janesville, Wis.
The Rock County Cancer Coalition will hold their first Walk for Hope from 5-9 p.m., Friday, June 1, at the Rock County Fairgrounds, 1301 Craig Ave., Janesville, Wis.
Walk for Hope is a celebration of hope for all whose lives have been touched by cancer and in memory of those who have lost their battle to cancer.
The mission of the Rock County Cancer Coalition is to assist cancer patients within the Rock County area. In 2011, RCCC assisted 27 clients with such benefits as helping with gas cards for travel to cancer treatments and doctor visits, paying for prescriptions, and other types of financial help deemed necessary while fighting cancer.
Everyone is welcome to attend the Walk for Hope. Food will be available for purchase from local restaurants. There will be kids’ activities and a balloon release in honor of cancer survivors and in memory of those who have passed. Information booths will be set up from Mercy Hospital, Look Good Feel Better, Beloit Regional Hospice, and local cancer support groups. Stop by and walk a lap for those fighting cancer and those who have lost their fight with cancer.
Posted May 30, 2012