- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Rock County Cancer Coalition to hold Walk for Hope June 1 in Janesville, Wis.
The Rock County Cancer Coalition will hold their first Walk for Hope from 5-9 p.m., Friday, June 1, at the Rock County Fairgrounds, 1301 Craig Ave., Janesville, Wis.
Walk for Hope is a celebration of hope for all whose lives have been touched by cancer and in memory of those who have lost their battle to cancer.
The mission of the Rock County Cancer Coalition is to assist cancer patients within the Rock County area. In 2011, RCCC assisted 27 clients with such benefits as helping with gas cards for travel to cancer treatments and doctor visits, paying for prescriptions, and other types of financial help deemed necessary while fighting cancer.
Everyone is welcome to attend the Walk for Hope. Food will be available for purchase from local restaurants. There will be kids’ activities and a balloon release in honor of cancer survivors and in memory of those who have passed. Information booths will be set up from Mercy Hospital, Look Good Feel Better, Beloit Regional Hospice, and local cancer support groups. Stop by and walk a lap for those fighting cancer and those who have lost their fight with cancer.
Posted May 30, 2012