- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Soccer: Rock Run Soccer Club announces try-outs for 2012-2013 season
The Rock Run Soccer Club announces its try-out schedule for the 2012-2013 season. All try-outs are held at Grace Reform Baptist Church, 6310 Guilford Road, Rockford. If you are unable to attend one of these dates, contact the director of coaching, Frank Horvat, to arrange a try-out at email@example.com. Additional information is available at www.rockrun.org.
High School Boys — Teams U15 to U19, Monday, June 4, and Wednesday, June 6, 5:45-7:30 p.m.
Grade School and Junior High Boys & Girls — Teams U12 to U14, Wednesday, May 30, 5:45-7:30 p.m.
Teams U8 to U11, Thursday, May 31 and Friday, June 1, 5:45-7:30 p.m.
For more than 25 years, the Rock Run Soccer Club has provided a quality club soccer experience to area youth. As a not-for-profit corporation and a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, the goals of the club are the development of youth soccer players to play at their highest level in an affordable club soccer experience through commitment, competition, character, sportsmanship, teamwork and a love of the game.
From the May 30-June 5, 2012, issue