- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Theater Review: Lifescape’s Senior Follies, ‘Words & Music’, among best ever
By Alan Jones
Director of Marketing & Fund Development, Lifescape Community Services, Inc.
Lifescape Community Services’ Senior Follies, Words & Music, was held Wednesday, May 16, at Rockford First Church, and it was a hit! The all-senior, all-volunteer cast put on a show that many long-time attendees recalled as the best ever.
Nearly 1,500 people saw the show that featured Paul Logli as the emcee and entertainer, and showcased the singing of Dr. Kris Tumilowicz, Carl and Dianna Cole, and Patte Lund. The show even featured a little comedy from Candice King and Ben Hutchison, part of the WTVO Channel 17 morning news. The Dixieland Docs and The East Bank Commanders added to the atmosphere by playing before show.
But the true stars of the show were the senior singers and dancers, who worked hard for many months in rehearsals learning songs and dance routines, perfecting their timing and showing the public there are talented seniors in the community.
As always, Angie Fellows created and directed a marvelous show that brought together words and music from separate eras into a solid hit of entertainment.
Lifescape’s Senior Follies is not only a showcase for talented seniors, but it’s also a fund-raiser for the agency. All the money raised goes back into the general budget to fund its nutrition programs, including Meals on Wheels and the senior dining sites, Brightside Adult Day Service and SeniorAssist, our information and referral service. We serve approximately 10,000 seniors annually, and Senior Follies, along with our annual Senior EXPO, allow us to provide that service.
We’re already working on the 2013 Senior Follies for next May. So, be sure and clear your calendar! It’s going to be a great show!
Posted May 30, 2012