- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Theater Review: Lifescape’s Senior Follies, ‘Words & Music’, among best ever
By Alan Jones
Director of Marketing & Fund Development, Lifescape Community Services, Inc.
Lifescape Community Services’ Senior Follies, Words & Music, was held Wednesday, May 16, at Rockford First Church, and it was a hit! The all-senior, all-volunteer cast put on a show that many long-time attendees recalled as the best ever.
Nearly 1,500 people saw the show that featured Paul Logli as the emcee and entertainer, and showcased the singing of Dr. Kris Tumilowicz, Carl and Dianna Cole, and Patte Lund. The show even featured a little comedy from Candice King and Ben Hutchison, part of the WTVO Channel 17 morning news. The Dixieland Docs and The East Bank Commanders added to the atmosphere by playing before show.
But the true stars of the show were the senior singers and dancers, who worked hard for many months in rehearsals learning songs and dance routines, perfecting their timing and showing the public there are talented seniors in the community.
As always, Angie Fellows created and directed a marvelous show that brought together words and music from separate eras into a solid hit of entertainment.
Lifescape’s Senior Follies is not only a showcase for talented seniors, but it’s also a fund-raiser for the agency. All the money raised goes back into the general budget to fund its nutrition programs, including Meals on Wheels and the senior dining sites, Brightside Adult Day Service and SeniorAssist, our information and referral service. We serve approximately 10,000 seniors annually, and Senior Follies, along with our annual Senior EXPO, allow us to provide that service.
We’re already working on the 2013 Senior Follies for next May. So, be sure and clear your calendar! It’s going to be a great show!
Posted May 30, 2012