- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Wild West Weekend at Summerfield Zoo
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Wild West Weekend at Summerfield Zoo! El Gato, the dancing horse, is back by popular demand. And lots of other activities are planned.
Summerfield Zoo is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, June 2, and from11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, June 3. Admission is only $5 per person; all proceeds go to the care of the animals, many of which are rescue animals.
Kelly Reynolds, El Gato’s manager said: “Bring your sense of adventure, along with your cowboy boots and hat to Wild West Weekend. El Gato, the dancing horse, has returned to perform at the zoo. See the authentic TeePee and Indians. Dirty Sally is returning with Rosie, her donkey, and Ed, her horse. Flash and Tony the Pony will be here for pony rides. We will have stick horse races, panning for gold, and an opportunity to lasso a cow. There will be a contest for best-dressed cowboys and cowgirls. It will be a fun weekend for all!”
Enjoy animal presentations, pony rides, petting zoo, lunch and shop for gifts at the gift shop all while at the zoo.
Summerfield Zoo is a not-for-profit organization providing an up-close and personal animal experience for the whole family. As it is a small zoo, visitors can get up close and meet many of the animals.
For more information about Summerfield Zoo and the exotic animals, visit the website www.summerfieldfarmandzoo.com or call (815) 547-4852. The zoo is at 3088 Flora Road, Belvidere.
From the May 30-June 5, 2012, issue