- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Wild West Weekend at Summerfield Zoo
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Wild West Weekend at Summerfield Zoo! El Gato, the dancing horse, is back by popular demand. And lots of other activities are planned.
Summerfield Zoo is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, June 2, and from11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, June 3. Admission is only $5 per person; all proceeds go to the care of the animals, many of which are rescue animals.
Kelly Reynolds, El Gato’s manager said: “Bring your sense of adventure, along with your cowboy boots and hat to Wild West Weekend. El Gato, the dancing horse, has returned to perform at the zoo. See the authentic TeePee and Indians. Dirty Sally is returning with Rosie, her donkey, and Ed, her horse. Flash and Tony the Pony will be here for pony rides. We will have stick horse races, panning for gold, and an opportunity to lasso a cow. There will be a contest for best-dressed cowboys and cowgirls. It will be a fun weekend for all!”
Enjoy animal presentations, pony rides, petting zoo, lunch and shop for gifts at the gift shop all while at the zoo.
Summerfield Zoo is a not-for-profit organization providing an up-close and personal animal experience for the whole family. As it is a small zoo, visitors can get up close and meet many of the animals.
For more information about Summerfield Zoo and the exotic animals, visit the website www.summerfieldfarmandzoo.com or call (815) 547-4852. The zoo is at 3088 Flora Road, Belvidere.
From the May 30-June 5, 2012, issue