- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
13th Annual Art on the Lawn juried art show June 10
Art on the Lawn is a juried show of fine arts and crafts in various media. More than 55 artists will be featured at this year’s show, which will again be held on the lawn at Rockford College, 5050 E. State St., Rockford.
Art on the Lawn takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., June 10. Admission is $3, children 12 and younger are free. Parking is free, food and drinks for purchase will be available. The event is held rain or shine.
Now in its 13th year, the show attracts artists from the Midwest and beyond, exhibiting 2-D and 3-D works in oils, acrylics, watercolors, lithographs, pencil drawings, pastels, glass, metal sculpture, exotic woods, fiber, jewelry, photography, ceramics, mixed media, sculpture, digital art and functional art. Local artist and arts promoter Barbara Berney has directed Art on the Lawn since its inception in 2000.
For more information, call (815) 226-4100. For a list of participating artists, visit the show website at www.artonthelawn.org.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue