- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
13th Annual Art on the Lawn juried art show June 10
Art on the Lawn is a juried show of fine arts and crafts in various media. More than 55 artists will be featured at this year’s show, which will again be held on the lawn at Rockford College, 5050 E. State St., Rockford.
Art on the Lawn takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., June 10. Admission is $3, children 12 and younger are free. Parking is free, food and drinks for purchase will be available. The event is held rain or shine.
Now in its 13th year, the show attracts artists from the Midwest and beyond, exhibiting 2-D and 3-D works in oils, acrylics, watercolors, lithographs, pencil drawings, pastels, glass, metal sculpture, exotic woods, fiber, jewelry, photography, ceramics, mixed media, sculpture, digital art and functional art. Local artist and arts promoter Barbara Berney has directed Art on the Lawn since its inception in 2000.
For more information, call (815) 226-4100. For a list of participating artists, visit the show website at www.artonthelawn.org.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue