- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
13th Annual Art on the Lawn juried art show June 10
Art on the Lawn is a juried show of fine arts and crafts in various media. More than 55 artists will be featured at this year’s show, which will again be held on the lawn at Rockford College, 5050 E. State St., Rockford.
Art on the Lawn takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., June 10. Admission is $3, children 12 and younger are free. Parking is free, food and drinks for purchase will be available. The event is held rain or shine.
Now in its 13th year, the show attracts artists from the Midwest and beyond, exhibiting 2-D and 3-D works in oils, acrylics, watercolors, lithographs, pencil drawings, pastels, glass, metal sculpture, exotic woods, fiber, jewelry, photography, ceramics, mixed media, sculpture, digital art and functional art. Local artist and arts promoter Barbara Berney has directed Art on the Lawn since its inception in 2000.
For more information, call (815) 226-4100. For a list of participating artists, visit the show website at www.artonthelawn.org.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue