- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Boone County Fair sells tickets to early birds June 9
BELVIDERE, Ill. — The Boone County Fair Board will host an “Early Bird Sale” for all of its 2012 grandstand lineup. The sale will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, June 9, at the fairgrounds box office at Main Gate No. 1, 8791 Route 76, 1 mile north of Belvidere.
Season passes, good for all six days, will be available for $18 in advance or $20 during the fair. Regular box office hours starting Thursday, July 7, will be 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Friday; 8 a.m.-noon, Saturday; and the office is closed Sunday. Tickets will be available by phone by calling (815) 547-4503 during box office hours and June 9.
The 2012 lineup of the Aug. 7-12 fair will feature country star Rodney Atkins at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 11, for only $15 reserved grandstand or track seats. Traditionally, country stars have performed on Friday evening, but having the feature act on Saturday makes it easier for fairgoers to relax and enjoy an entire day at the fair.
Friday night, Aug. 10, will be featuring the always exciting Next Level Pro Bull Riding at 7 p.m., which will also include mutton busting and barrel racing, all for a $10 reserved seat. In front of the grandstand will be ATV racing at 11 a.m. for $5. Fairgoers are welcome to race their own ATVs, which can be seen at www.kickabuda.com.
Sunday features two thrilling Demolition Derby shows at 1 p.m. and 6 p.m., with $10 for reserved grandstand tickets. For information about entering, go to www.derbyicons.com.
Tractor Pulls from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 9, are $5, with the feature pull show at 6:30 p.m. for $7 reserved grandstand.
The High School Marching Band Competition rounds out the grandstand lineup at 7 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 8, for $10. And, of course, the Queen Pageant Tuesday evening at 7:30 p.m., Aug. 7, is free.
As always, there are many free daily attractions in the Entertainment Building and throughout the grounds all day long. Gates open at 8 a.m. For more information, visit www.boonecountyfair.com.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue