- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Golf: Larry Schlichting Golf Outing set for July 17 in Janesville, Wis.
BELOIT, Wis. — The Fourth Annual Larry Schlichting Memorial Golf Outing is set for Tuesday, July 17, at Glen Erin Golf Club, 1417 W. Airport Road, Janesville, Wis.
Named in honor of Larry Schlichting, late husband of former Neighborhood Housing Services (NHS) Director Christine Schlichting, the outing benefits NHS residents throughout Rock County and northern Illinois.
Since 2006, 713 families have gone to NHS seeking help to avoid foreclosures. As a result of NHS’s loss mitigation counseling, 210 homes, with a fair market value of more than $20 million, remain owner occupied rather than decaying because of vacancy. Many more of the remaining 503 homeowners are still in the foreclosure prevention process, waiting for the bank’s response to their request for a loan modification.
Registration forms for the event are available at http://www.nhsofbeloit.org/golf.htm. For more about The Fourth Annual Larry Schlichting Memorial Golf Outing or NHS programs, call (608) 362-9051.
Larry Schlichting was an avid sportsman and dedicated firefighter, who retired in 2004 after 25 years with the Janesville Fire Department. He was a faithful supporter of causes Christine worked for. The 2012 NHS Golf Outing honors Larry’s memory and serves as a way to thank and remember all the kindness and compassion he showed to others.
New for 2012 is the first Schlichting Cup — a challenge among stateline area fire departments with points being awarded for various activities both on and off the golf course. The Schlichting Cup will be presented at the end of the outing.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue