- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Golf: Registration now open for The First Tee youth golf programs
Do you know children who need something fun and educational to do this summer? Registration is now open for The First Tee of Greater Rockford’s youth development golf programs at the home facility of Alpine Hills, and affiliate locations of Marengo Ridge and Park Hills golf courses. Participants at The First Tee are taught not only golf skills but life skills as well. Register early as a limited number of registrations will be taken for each program.
Programs include TARGET, offered to children 4-6 years of age and Life Skills Experience classes for 7-18 years of age. Complete schedules for each class can be viewed on the chapter website, www.thefirstteegreaterrockford.org.
Entry fees for TARGET programs are $40 per child, and Life Skills Experience classes are $100 per child. Registrations will be accepted at Alpine Hills by appointment; call (815) 965-5057 to arrange a time or e-mail the chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org to have any questions answered. You may also have a registration form e-mailed to you, which can then be completed and mailed to the chapter office.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue