- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Golf: Registration now open for The First Tee youth golf programs
Do you know children who need something fun and educational to do this summer? Registration is now open for The First Tee of Greater Rockford’s youth development golf programs at the home facility of Alpine Hills, and affiliate locations of Marengo Ridge and Park Hills golf courses. Participants at The First Tee are taught not only golf skills but life skills as well. Register early as a limited number of registrations will be taken for each program.
Programs include TARGET, offered to children 4-6 years of age and Life Skills Experience classes for 7-18 years of age. Complete schedules for each class can be viewed on the chapter website, www.thefirstteegreaterrockford.org.
Entry fees for TARGET programs are $40 per child, and Life Skills Experience classes are $100 per child. Registrations will be accepted at Alpine Hills by appointment; call (815) 965-5057 to arrange a time or e-mail the chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org to have any questions answered. You may also have a registration form e-mailed to you, which can then be completed and mailed to the chapter office.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue