- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Golf: Registration now open for The First Tee youth golf programs
Do you know children who need something fun and educational to do this summer? Registration is now open for The First Tee of Greater Rockford’s youth development golf programs at the home facility of Alpine Hills, and affiliate locations of Marengo Ridge and Park Hills golf courses. Participants at The First Tee are taught not only golf skills but life skills as well. Register early as a limited number of registrations will be taken for each program.
Programs include TARGET, offered to children 4-6 years of age and Life Skills Experience classes for 7-18 years of age. Complete schedules for each class can be viewed on the chapter website, www.thefirstteegreaterrockford.org.
Entry fees for TARGET programs are $40 per child, and Life Skills Experience classes are $100 per child. Registrations will be accepted at Alpine Hills by appointment; call (815) 965-5057 to arrange a time or e-mail the chapter at email@example.com to have any questions answered. You may also have a registration form e-mailed to you, which can then be completed and mailed to the chapter office.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue