- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Keystone Pipeline Petition campaign
As I am sure you are aware, President Barack Obama has rejected approval of the Keystone Pipeline, which is a privately-financed, $13 billion construction project that will provide 20,000 jobs and bring much-needed oil to the U.S. President Obama’s action is nothing short of appalling. We could take oil we currently purchased from the Middle East and replace it with Canadian crude. This reliable source of oil will stabilize our oil supplies and possibly lead to lower gas prices over time.
The president is clearly beholden to the radical, anti-development left wing. He’s not acting in the country’s best interests. Republicans in the House are determined to fight him on this issue, and we need the support of the business community. People like you, Mr. [Frank] Schier [TRRT editor and publisher], who know what it takes to create jobs and get this economy moving again.
That is why we are launching a nationwide petition campaign that will put enormous pressure on the president to reverse his decision. So, please call my assistant, Janet, today at 1-855-800-9168 so we can include your name.
Congressman Pete Sessions (R-Texas)
National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue