- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Keystone Pipeline Petition campaign
As I am sure you are aware, President Barack Obama has rejected approval of the Keystone Pipeline, which is a privately-financed, $13 billion construction project that will provide 20,000 jobs and bring much-needed oil to the U.S. President Obama’s action is nothing short of appalling. We could take oil we currently purchased from the Middle East and replace it with Canadian crude. This reliable source of oil will stabilize our oil supplies and possibly lead to lower gas prices over time.
The president is clearly beholden to the radical, anti-development left wing. He’s not acting in the country’s best interests. Republicans in the House are determined to fight him on this issue, and we need the support of the business community. People like you, Mr. [Frank] Schier [TRRT editor and publisher], who know what it takes to create jobs and get this economy moving again.
That is why we are launching a nationwide petition campaign that will put enormous pressure on the president to reverse his decision. So, please call my assistant, Janet, today at 1-855-800-9168 so we can include your name.
Congressman Pete Sessions (R-Texas)
National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue