- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
New Odyssey kicks off Klehm Woodsong series June 10
• Series also includes Corky Siegel July 8 and BritBeat Aug. 12
Grab the picnic basket, load up the lawn chairs, and pack up the kids for an evening of fun at Klehm Arboretum Sunday, June 10. Woodsong concerts are kid-friendly and are a great way to introduce children to the world of music.
New Odyssey mesmerizes audiences as their three-man group plays 30 instruments. With a unique combination of great music, audience participation, and sheer zaniness, mayhem can ensue at any moment. They play classic rock, country and more.
Doors open at 4 p.m.; the grounds are open for exploration before the concert begins at 6 p.m. All concerts are held outdoors. In the event of rain, the concert will be in Klehm’s Visitors Center.
Klehm’s next two concerts feature Corky Siegel July 8 and BritBeat Aug. 12. Pre-show tickets are available online at www.klehm.org, by phone at (815) 965-8146, or can be purchased upon entrance.
Individual concerts cost $15 for public and $13 for Klehm members. Kids 16 and younger are admitted free. Group tickets can be purchased in groups of 10-24 for $13 each, or 25 or more for $12 each.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue