- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
New Odyssey kicks off Klehm Woodsong series June 10
• Series also includes Corky Siegel July 8 and BritBeat Aug. 12
Grab the picnic basket, load up the lawn chairs, and pack up the kids for an evening of fun at Klehm Arboretum Sunday, June 10. Woodsong concerts are kid-friendly and are a great way to introduce children to the world of music.
New Odyssey mesmerizes audiences as their three-man group plays 30 instruments. With a unique combination of great music, audience participation, and sheer zaniness, mayhem can ensue at any moment. They play classic rock, country and more.
Doors open at 4 p.m.; the grounds are open for exploration before the concert begins at 6 p.m. All concerts are held outdoors. In the event of rain, the concert will be in Klehm’s Visitors Center.
Klehm’s next two concerts feature Corky Siegel July 8 and BritBeat Aug. 12. Pre-show tickets are available online at www.klehm.org, by phone at (815) 965-8146, or can be purchased upon entrance.
Individual concerts cost $15 for public and $13 for Klehm members. Kids 16 and younger are admitted free. Group tickets can be purchased in groups of 10-24 for $13 each, or 25 or more for $12 each.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue