- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Phantom Regiment kicks off Music in the Park series June 12
The Phantom Regiment Drum & Bugle Corps will kick off Rockford Park District’s free Music in the Park summer concert series at 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 12.
The Phantom Regiment are the 2008 world drum and bugle corps champions, and will be performing selections from their 2012 show as well as some from past years.
The concert will be in the Music Shell at Sinnissippi Park, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford.
Music in the Park concerts will run Tuesdays and Thursdays through Aug. 16. The concerts are part of the Park District’s Free Sounds of Summer Entertainment Series.
In addition to Music in the Park, the Park District’s Free Sounds of Summer Entertainment Series offers a variety of free performances throughout the summer, including the following:
Imagination Station, which presents music, magic, comedy and drama for young audiences at 1:30 p.m., Wednesdays, June 13-Aug. 8, at the Sinnissippi Park Music Shell; Charlotte’s Web, a three-concert Saturday evening series June 30, July 14 and July 28 at 7:30 p.m. at Sinnissippi Music Shell; and Live at Levings, which includes a talent contest and a concert featuring gospel, soul, blues and jazz performers from 3 to 7 p.m., Sundays June 10 and 17, July 1, 15 and 22, and Aug. 5, at Levings Park, as well as Domingo en el Parque (Sunday in the Park), which features a talent contest and a concert featuring banda, cumbias, quebradita and duranguense performers from 3 to 7 p.m., Sundays June 24, July 8 and July 29 at Levings Park.
Details about these programs are featured in the Park District’s free Sounds of Summer booklet, downloadable soon on the district’s website, www.rockfordparkdistrict.org, and paper copies available soon at Park District facilities and Customer Service locations.
For information about accessibility, disability support and assistive listening equipment, call (815) 987-8800.
For more about Sounds of Summer, contact John Beck, events & recreation projects manager, at (815) 987-1636 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue