- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
Rock & Blues Fest benefit for VietNow LZ Peace Memorial June 16
The Lyran Club presents its first Rock & Blues Fest. Several bands, including Band of the Lost, The Honchos and Soul City Syndicate, will take the stage Saturday, June 16, to benefit the VietNow LZ Peace Memorial of Rockford.
The event will be at the Lyran Club Park, 4781 S. Bend Road, Rockford. The park opens at noon, and music begins at 1 p.m. Admission is $10 per person; food and drinks will be available (no carry-ins).
Tentative band schedule is: The Honchos, 1-3 p.m.; Soul City Syndicate, 4-6 p.m.; and Band of the Lost, 7-11 p.m.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue