- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Rock & Blues Fest benefit for VietNow LZ Peace Memorial June 16
The Lyran Club presents its first Rock & Blues Fest. Several bands, including Band of the Lost, The Honchos and Soul City Syndicate, will take the stage Saturday, June 16, to benefit the VietNow LZ Peace Memorial of Rockford.
The event will be at the Lyran Club Park, 4781 S. Bend Road, Rockford. The park opens at noon, and music begins at 1 p.m. Admission is $10 per person; food and drinks will be available (no carry-ins).
Tentative band schedule is: The Honchos, 1-3 p.m.; Soul City Syndicate, 4-6 p.m.; and Band of the Lost, 7-11 p.m.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue