- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Rock & Blues Fest benefit for VietNow LZ Peace Memorial June 16
The Lyran Club presents its first Rock & Blues Fest. Several bands, including Band of the Lost, The Honchos and Soul City Syndicate, will take the stage Saturday, June 16, to benefit the VietNow LZ Peace Memorial of Rockford.
The event will be at the Lyran Club Park, 4781 S. Bend Road, Rockford. The park opens at noon, and music begins at 1 p.m. Admission is $10 per person; food and drinks will be available (no carry-ins).
Tentative band schedule is: The Honchos, 1-3 p.m.; Soul City Syndicate, 4-6 p.m.; and Band of the Lost, 7-11 p.m.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue