- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Rock & Blues Fest benefit for VietNow LZ Peace Memorial June 16
The Lyran Club presents its first Rock & Blues Fest. Several bands, including Band of the Lost, The Honchos and Soul City Syndicate, will take the stage Saturday, June 16, to benefit the VietNow LZ Peace Memorial of Rockford.
The event will be at the Lyran Club Park, 4781 S. Bend Road, Rockford. The park opens at noon, and music begins at 1 p.m. Admission is $10 per person; food and drinks will be available (no carry-ins).
Tentative band schedule is: The Honchos, 1-3 p.m.; Soul City Syndicate, 4-6 p.m.; and Band of the Lost, 7-11 p.m.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue