Roosevelt thanks local businesses
Since you are a community newspaper, I am writing in regard to the support and generosity the Rockford-area businesses showed our graduating students Friday, May 25.
Traditionally, Roosevelt has a backyard picnic for graduating seniors with brats, hamburgers and hot dogs, as well as ice cream, soda and snacks. This year, we made a special attempt to try to have companies help with any free coupons or discounts to offer the students.
As such, we had a great time awarding our students with free meal deals and $5 certificates. Our 13 All-Star students also received certificates. All graduates were recognized through drawings from the many other coupons and discounts.
This was our 40th annual commencement at Roosevelt Alternative High School, and we would like to thank the following corporations for their special attention to our graduates:
• Owner Chris Bergsten of Beefaroo
• Manager Scott Roskopp of McDonald’s on West Riverside Boulevard
• Owner Pat Hartman of D.Q. Grill & Chill on East Riverside Boulevard
• Promotions Manager Jenny Craig of Culver’s
• Manager Joe Duckett of Taco Bell on Auburn Street, and
• Manager Mary Briton of Sonic on East Riverside Boulevard
Marie E. Kaemmerlen
Roosevelt Alternative High School
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue