- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
RVC to welcome Flamenco A3 for workshops, concert June 9
• Featured attraction is a free concert by Flamenco A3 in the RVC Performing Arts Room at 7:30 p.m.
Flamenco A3, featuring Flavio Rodrigues, Ismael de la Rosa and David Coria, will come to Rock Valley College (RVC) Saturday, June 9, to engage interested participants in three different workshops before capping the day with a free concert in the college’s Performing Arts Center (lower level of the ERC building on RVC’s main campus).
The workshop schedule will be as follows:
Palmas 7 Compas (Flamenco Percussion & Rhythm) — Saturday, June 9: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., ERC Room 0214 (RVC main campus). Course Code: MUS 814 RV. Cost is $48 per person.
Sevillanas for Beginners (Flamenco Dance) — Saturday, June 9: 1:30-3 p.m., ERC Room 0214 (RVC main campus). Course Code:DNC 802 RV. Cost is $48 per person.
Introduction to Flamenco Guitar — Saturday, June 9: 3:30-5 p.m., CLII Room 228 (RVC main campus). Course Code: MUS 802 RV4. Cost is $48 per person.
To register for any of the workshops, call RVC Community Education at (815) 921-3900 or go to www.rockvalleycollege.edu/ceonline.
The featured attraction of the day will be a free concert by Flamenco A3 in the RVC Performing Arts Room at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free, and all from the community are welcome to attend. For more information, call (815) 921-3337.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue