- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
RVC to welcome Flamenco A3 for workshops, concert June 9
• Featured attraction is a free concert by Flamenco A3 in the RVC Performing Arts Room at 7:30 p.m.
Flamenco A3, featuring Flavio Rodrigues, Ismael de la Rosa and David Coria, will come to Rock Valley College (RVC) Saturday, June 9, to engage interested participants in three different workshops before capping the day with a free concert in the college’s Performing Arts Center (lower level of the ERC building on RVC’s main campus).
The workshop schedule will be as follows:
Palmas 7 Compas (Flamenco Percussion & Rhythm) — Saturday, June 9: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., ERC Room 0214 (RVC main campus). Course Code: MUS 814 RV. Cost is $48 per person.
Sevillanas for Beginners (Flamenco Dance) — Saturday, June 9: 1:30-3 p.m., ERC Room 0214 (RVC main campus). Course Code:DNC 802 RV. Cost is $48 per person.
Introduction to Flamenco Guitar — Saturday, June 9: 3:30-5 p.m., CLII Room 228 (RVC main campus). Course Code: MUS 802 RV4. Cost is $48 per person.
To register for any of the workshops, call RVC Community Education at (815) 921-3900 or go to www.rockvalleycollege.edu/ceonline.
The featured attraction of the day will be a free concert by Flamenco A3 in the RVC Performing Arts Room at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free, and all from the community are welcome to attend. For more information, call (815) 921-3337.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue