- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
RVC to welcome Flamenco A3 for workshops, concert June 9
• Featured attraction is a free concert by Flamenco A3 in the RVC Performing Arts Room at 7:30 p.m.
Flamenco A3, featuring Flavio Rodrigues, Ismael de la Rosa and David Coria, will come to Rock Valley College (RVC) Saturday, June 9, to engage interested participants in three different workshops before capping the day with a free concert in the college’s Performing Arts Center (lower level of the ERC building on RVC’s main campus).
The workshop schedule will be as follows:
Palmas 7 Compas (Flamenco Percussion & Rhythm) — Saturday, June 9: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., ERC Room 0214 (RVC main campus). Course Code: MUS 814 RV. Cost is $48 per person.
Sevillanas for Beginners (Flamenco Dance) — Saturday, June 9: 1:30-3 p.m., ERC Room 0214 (RVC main campus). Course Code:DNC 802 RV. Cost is $48 per person.
Introduction to Flamenco Guitar — Saturday, June 9: 3:30-5 p.m., CLII Room 228 (RVC main campus). Course Code: MUS 802 RV4. Cost is $48 per person.
To register for any of the workshops, call RVC Community Education at (815) 921-3900 or go to www.rockvalleycollege.edu/ceonline.
The featured attraction of the day will be a free concert by Flamenco A3 in the RVC Performing Arts Room at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free, and all from the community are welcome to attend. For more information, call (815) 921-3337.
From the June 6-12, 2012, issue