C-SPAN’s Campaign 2012 Bus in Rockford June 12
Online Staff Report
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Rockford residents will join the thousands who have toured the C-SPAN Campaign 2012 Bus when it stops at Rockford College and LaVoz Latina Tuesday, June 12, on its “Road to the White House” tour, named after C-SPAN’s signature political program.
The Campaign 2012 Bus travels the country to promote and enhance C-SPAN’s extensive resources and political coverage by stopping at major political events such as candidate debates and speeches in early primary states and meeting with voters on the campaign trail. Additionally, the bus will tour state capitals, visit community events, and host students and teachers around the nation, giving them an inside look at C-SPAN’s comprehensive educational and political resources.
“With the presidential campaign heating up, this is a great time for C-SPAN to hit the road with the Campaign 2012 Bus,” said Jennifer Curran, C-SPAN marketing representative. “C-SPAN offers a variety of public affairs programming and resources for educators, students, first-time voters and the general public. We hope they come on board and check out our interactive, Campaign 2012 Bus.”
Aboard the Campaign 2012 Bus, visitors will learn about the following programming and resources via HD TVs, touch-screen computers, laptops and mobile devices:
• C-SPAN’s Campaign 2012 website, including video of candidates and campaign events, information about key state races and the electoral college and ways to follow the social media related to the campaign;
• C-SPAN’s in-depth public affairs event coverage;
• C-SPAN’s web offerings, including archived video going back to 1987 through C-SPAN’s vast Video Library and Congressional Chronicle;
• Many ways to connect with C-SPAN including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, YouTube, XM Radio, and iPhone and Blackberry apps; and
• The Rockford events are in partnership with Comcast Cable.
The bus will make the following stops June 12 in Rockford:
• 9-11 a.m., Rockford College, 5050 E. State St. The bus will be parked in Lot A (first lot on the right along the drive)
• 1-3 p.m., LaVoz Latina, 412 Market St. The bus will be parked in the lot on the west side of the building.
Follow the Road to the White House with C-SPAN’s political coverage on the C-SPAN networks, C-SPAN Radio and www.c-span.org.
Road to the White House
Launched in 1988, C-SPAN’s signature political program, Road to the White House, features regular coverage of the candidates, issues and events that shape presidential politics. C-SPAN’s 2012 election website, www.c-span.org/Campaign2012, is a one-stop resource of presidential election coverage and includes streaming video of announcement speeches and candidate events, schedule information and related resources.
Created by the cable TV industry and now in more than 100 million TV households, C-SPAN programs three public affairs television networks in both SD and HD; C-SPAN Radio, heard in Washington, D.C., and nationwide via XM Satellite Radio; and a video- rich website that hosts the C-SPAN Video Library. Visit http://www.c-span.org/.
Posted June 8, 2012
Print This Article