- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
Canine Corners Dog Parks hosts open house June 16
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Park District and the Friends of Canine Corners Dog Parks invite the public and current and prospective members of both parks and their dogs to their third annual free open house from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., June 16, rain or shine, at Canine Corners Elliot on South Lyford and Mill in Cherry Valley.
Activities are scheduled to include training and police dog demonstrations by Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department/Canine Division dogs, pet vendor booths, dog grooming, merchandise sales, and refreshments for both humans and dogs available for purchase.
Rockford Park District provides dog owners with two locations for Canine Corners — Searls Park and Elliot Park (with two enclosed areas) next to Elliot Golf Course, 888 S. Lyford Road.
The parks are open year-round from dawn to dusk, and are fenced so dogs are safely contained off-leash, with brush and paths for a great field experience.
The Friends of Canine Corners is a group of volunteers who contribute time and energy to Rockford Park District’s Elliot and Searls dog parks for maintenance, governance, general operation and etiquette education.
For information about purchasing dog park membership tags, dog park policies and regulations, as well as how you can help the Friends group, contact information is available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/caninecorners, or call (815) 987-8800. You can also pay a visit to Park District Customer Service offices at Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., or Carlson Ice Arena on Perryville and Riverside in Loves Park.
For more about the open house event or Canine Corners Dog Parks, contact Nathan Minarich at (815) 494-5546 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted June 13, 2012